GPRL – Growth in Prayer and Reflective Living
Purpose of the programme:
Do you want to grow closer to God, deepen your prayer life or want to make choices that are in tune with God’s dream for you? If so, the programme Growth in Prayer and Reflective Living (GPRL) may be for you. This 6-month programme is open to all and no expertise in prayer or reflection is required.
The GPRL programme reflects the Christian liturgical year, with a series of topics on the themes of prayer and reflective living. The full programme aims to provide participants with prayer resources and reflective skills:
- To deepen their relationship with God
- Become more aware of the sense and direction of their life
- Make choices that reflect their self-identity with an understanding of God’s hopes for them and the world
And provides the opportunity to:
- Reflect on our understanding of God and self
- Become aware of Gods voice in our daily lives
- Explore different methods of Prayer as tools to engage in conversation with God
- Develop skills for reflective living
- Develop a personal spirituality that integrates prayer in our daily lives
The method is based on Ignatian Spirituality and is done in partnership with the Ignatian Spirituality Centre Glasgow and Geneva. The programme is reflective and experience-based. Sessions include team input, guided experiences of prayer, time for quiet personal prayer, and opportunities for listening and sharing.
2022 Times and venue:
The programme will run for 6 months, commencing 23 February 2022 to 27 June 2022 on Wednesdays. The sessions will be 90 minutes long.
At the moment all sessions are planned to take place online.
Wednesdays Time: 19H30 – 21H00
Suggested Offering: R1700-R2500 (All donations will go to the Agape Metamorfóno (Non-Profit), grants are available and payment in instalments is possible)
- R1700 – R2500
- Bursaries are available
Account: Agape Metamorfóno
Account No: 62843796022
Branch: Sea Point
Branch Code: 250 655